Waukee, IA – At a campaign event on Saturday in Waukee, IA, Perry Johnson, Republican presidential candidate and third place finisher in CPAC’s straw poll, called for the elimination of the corrupt FBI and a top-to-bottom overhaul of the DOJ. His comments follow the second indictment of Donald Trump by federal officials on Thursday.
Johnson said, “The FBI is alarmingly corrupt and beyond saving. When elected president, I will not hesitate to eliminate the bureau in its entirety.
“I would also immediately conduct a top-to-bottom overhaul of the DOJ, root out corruption and partisan weaponization within the department, refocus its mission on the rule of law, and make immigration and border security a top priority.
“Upon taking office, I will do the following:
- I will eliminate the FBI in its entirety. We have too many federal agents to begin with and far too much corruption in the investigatory practices. In my experience in bringing quality to business, I’ve learned that some things can be fixed and some things are best to be shuttered. The culture and practices of the FBI are too broken to be fixed.
- Implement a zero-tolerance policy for religious discrimination and anti-Christian investigatory practices.
- Appoint an Attorney General who will not only implement my Two-Cents plan to cut two percent of discretionary spending at the DOJ every year, but also appoint special counsel to lead an investigation into partisanship running rampant in the Department. Any employee at the DOJ found to have partisan bias in their investigations will be terminated immediately.
- I will audit and evaluate the mission and practices of each of the other law enforcement arms of the DOJ, including the Drug Enforcement Agency, U.S. Marshalls and Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
- I will direct all federal law enforcement interviews and interrogations to be recorded to ensure the constitutional rights of Americans are protected.”